Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Eyes have It!

Watching life through another mother's eyes can lead to distorted vision!  I look through one friend's eyes and she is so proud of the athletic achievements accomplished by her son.  I look through another friend's eyes and bragging is oozing from her lips about her overachiever daughter whose grades are next to perfect.  And then, I look through my own eyes and I don't see anything worth being proud about..at first.  My eyes are blurry, my vision distorted.  I need to focus in on my world, however imperfect it is and it is.  There are things that I am proud of howbeit ever so small.  In my world, baby steps forward at any age is great reason for celebration.  My baby steps would go unnoticed by most moms; they are normal expectations that happen without thinking but in my world these small steps make this mom celebrate and PROUD.  So I am proud of small things like dishes off the counter and into the sink (we haven't accomplished dishwasher yet), a towel hung in the right place, laundry that ends up in the basket (sometimes) and shoes off before hitting the carpet.  Not very exciting I know, no homeruns, no awards banquet, no academic scholarships.  Being in my world means that sometimes the baby steps are only celebrated by me and God because no one else would care or understand.  When I look through my own eyes and gaze, I am proud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment