Friday, February 15, 2013

I'm Tired!

Some days you are just tired.  I’m that way today.  I’m just tired.  Tired of thinking.  Tired of planning ahead.  Tired of redirecting.  Tired of refereeing.  Tired of parenting.  I am short on energy and high on emotion. My thoughts that usually I can gain control over are taunting me.  “Why is life hard?”  “Why does parenting have to be difficult?” “Why am I suddenly aware of people’s stares and comments?” “Why can’t I see any fruit from some of my labor?” I need a parent “time-out” of life! Is there somewhere you can go for refreshment?  Is there a call you can make to a trusted friend to allow you to ooze out the overflow you are experiencing? Is there a room you can lock yourself into for 30 minutes for some quiet time?  When I’m at my wits’ end, my mind circles around verses in the Bible that penetrate my soul and provide some solace.  I don’t have time to retreat, but I do have time to allow scripture to settle in my heart.  What scripture do you cling to?   What scripture resonates within your soul?  Maybe it’s not even scripture but a saying or motto that you live by and have to be ‘retooled” to.  For me a friend shared a verse from the Bible this week and it’s become my new favorite these past couple of days.  Psalm 94:18-19 “When I said, ‘My foot is slipping!”, your love, O Lord, supported me.  When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.” I believe the Bible is truth and God provides it so we can experience His Peace amidst unsettled times.

No comments:

Post a Comment